Monday, May 30, 2011

flying with children

What was I thinking??? 8 hours in an confined place/assigned seat with Oliver and that to and from?  WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! and what do airlines think to let you hold a child on your lap...  Believe it or not, I really never thought about the whole thing - like go to the bathroom, eat food or watch movies.  You know the usual things you do while on a plane.  Well this time I had to eat my food with one hand and have it on the tray next to me (Thank you to the Navy dude on his way to Djibouti for letting me use your tray and I truly hope you didn't get Aids)  and this time I didn't watch ANY movies - well not only did they suck, but the headphone cable was too much of a point of interest for Oliver so NO MOVIES!!! Now how did I go to the restroom?  Thank you to the awesome flight attendants for being super willing to help me out by holding him, playing with him and interacting with him.  These days you don't get any wings anymore (BOOOH!) but they made sure we were taken care off.
I actually considered on the flight back to upgrade to business class and leave Oliver in coach, but that wasn't an option and business class was a little too pricey.
On both flights Oliver made new friends and I do have to say somehow the 8 hours flew by (haha flew by haha) but I don't think I'll do another flight with him by.my.self.  HELL NO!!!

Oliver was a trooper though - he enjoyed that so many people played peekaboo with him :)  THANK YOU!!!

Well on a side-note I can now say I have basically nursed everywhere and it is getting harder and harder to maintain his focus and the nursing cover doesn't quiet work anymore either......  Especially because he thinks we are playing a game...  Stupid peekaboo ;)

No comments: