Monday, May 16, 2011

It's a German Thing

- Why is the pedestrian area crowded all day/every day?  Don't they have jobs?  When will the newspaper guy retired?  He has been standing every morning on the same corner since I was maybe 4!  Hello???? I thought it was OK to retire here.... 

- How come the drugstore DM is always crowded?  Again don't they have jobs?  

- Whoever said that there aren't a lot of children being born in Germany hasn't been to Kaiserslautern yet, there is a stroller every three feet - and they all are fancy!!! and all the kids are dressed three times warmer than my child.  I even saw a lamb foot muff today - HELLO it is MAY!!!!! 

- I can't believe how much I've missed the ice cream parlors and the cafe's with outdoor seating.  

- On Oliver's first night in Germany he was up at 10pm and yes I considered bar hopping with him in the carrier to help him go to bed.  My mom didn't let me go :(  I took him yesterday to his Thirsty Nellies (she doesn't know - so don't tell her) and I told Oliver that Mommy got drunk here with Daddy a bunch of times... 

- It is Day 4 in Germany and I haven't been in a car but never stayed home either... it is sooo nice to walk EVERYWHERE!!!  

- How come H&M has a bigger and nicer selections of clothes here than in the US? 

- Why does my brother not have a wireless network set up, I am really spoiled being on the internet ANYWHERE in my house.  And why can't I figure out how to get on my Iphone... :( 

- Yesterday for the first time ever all 4 cousins were under one roof :)  didn't take a picture :(  

- Why do Brezel smell so deliciously good? 

No comments: